To perform materials and corrosion engineering design on projects and to ensure that discipline design activities are carried out for the overall achievement of the project objectives.
Client: Oil and Gas
- Ensure that all aspects of the discipline’s scope of work on projects (i.e asset integrity assessment, design of corrosion, control system, pipe internal corrosion monitoring/control etc are effectively and satisfactorily discharged.
- Participate in the conceptual development, front end engineering design and detailed engineering for green field and major brown field development projects of the oil and gas industry.
- Liaise with other engineering disciplines to ensure satisfactory interface engagements and seamless execution of projects.
- Provide technical expertise and exemplary leadership during project management and supervisory projects engagements.
- Perform vital discipline engineering design and analytical tasks (materials selection, corrosion assessments etc) utilizing specialized engineering software including E.C.E, Norsok, Hydrocorr, etc
- Provide timely and regular reports on discipline activities on projects and on observed skill gaps to the lead engineer
- Provide coaching and mentoring young discipline engineers and ensuring capacity development of discipline manpower.
- Participate in and ensure the preparation of discipline deliverables including basis for design, selection, specifications, sizing, evaluation of cathodic protection systems equipment (TPs/Anodes/isolating, fianges etc and other utility systems/MTOs/Data sheet/Specifications)
- Participate in the preparation and or evaluation of technical bids.
- Provide sound and informed guidance on the interpretation of relevant regulations, codes and standards.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelors degree (B.eng/B.tech or equivalent) in materials corrosion engineer or materials and metallurgical engineering and other related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years experience in engineering design in the oil and gas onshore/offshore industries.
- Must be COREN registered.
- Cognate experience in materials and corrosion engineering designs will be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of the relevant codes and standards
- Conversant with major materials/corrosion engineering software/tools e.g E.C.E, Norsok, Hydrocor
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary project teams environment.