Overall Objective: Responsible for sustaining a culture of innovation and continuous learning within the team. Also responsible for driving the timely delivery of business targets whilst ensuring that team members understands their specific and unique role to bottom line results.
• Responsible for determining the (best) practice means for achieving organisational goals within budgetary constraints
• Ensures continuous improvement; contingencies and alternatives
• Coordinates available resources to best achieve organisational goals
• Time span for outcome of work/ decision to come to fruition 2 year – with milestones within year 1 and year 2 respectively
• Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
• Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
• Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for the company’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
• Enhance/expand the company’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
• Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
Focus on strategy execution
Focus on adding Short to Mid-Term Value
People Management (career management, mentoring, coaching, team building, delegation, grievance management, etc.)
Leverage customer intelligence insights as key decision making input
Delivery and Ecosystem partner relationship management
Alignment of OPCO and Group initiatives
Focus on Learning (70:20:10)
Participation in business support activities (recruitment, facilitation of trainings & Knowledge Share Sessions etc.)
Focus on project delivery & implementation (functional & cross functional)
Review, validate and approvals of team activities
Respond to emails etc.
People (Learning & Growth) (15%)
• Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
• Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
• Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
Supervisory /Leadership/Managerial Complexity:
• Coordinate activities of contractors (vendors)
• Oversee the availability of material and human resource at planned 3G project site.
Creativities (improvement/innovation inherent)
• Ability to come up with innovative solutions to various implementation problems.
• Project scheduling.
Vulnerabilities (control span)
• Delay in the delivery of 3G Node B equipment.
• Adverse weather conditions.
• Vandalisation of 3G Node B equipment.
• Inconsistent Data Base.
• Systems failure.
• Direct reports: Project Coordinator
• Key customers: Network Operations
• Key suppliers: RF Planning, 3G Implementation Contractors & 3G equipment Vendors.
• Relations, etc: Regional Rollout Managers, Vendors
Independent thought and Judgment:
• Project scheduling.
• Allocation of resources
• First degree in Electrical/Electronics, Computer Engineering or related discipline
• Fluent in English
• Masters Advantageous
Minimum of 6 years’ experience which includes:
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
• Experience working in a medium to large organization
• Mobile Transmission Network installation and commissioning.
• Advanced project management.
• Time and self management.
• Basic RNC courses.
• Basic Cell (WRAN) Planning.
• Basic Node B installation and commissioning Courses.
Key Functional Competencies
• Business Performance Measurement & Management
• Computer & Information Technology Appreciation
• Network Availability Management
• Network Commissioning
• Network Operations
• Performance Appraisal
• Performance Improvement
• Planning and Budgeting
• Planning and Organising
• Project Delivery
• Project Planning and Control
• Systems Design & Integration
• Systems Testing
• Telecommunications Business Savvy
• Training Needs Identification
• Vendor Management
• Quality Assurance
• Relationship Management
• Service Level Agreement Management
• Change Management