Unix Linux L2 Support
Job Position: Unix/linux L2 support
Reports to: Manager, IT Operations Support
Grade Level: TBD
Assist in the administration, maintenance, support and upgrades of UNIX operating systems.
Roles and Responsibility
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for UNIX operating system design, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide input in the planning of UNIX operating systems upgrades, deployment and provisioning new systems
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of UNIX operating systems.
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for UNIX operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
- Perform daily UNIX operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
- Maintain backup of the UNIX operating system network.
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on UNIX operating system environment in [HUAWEI, CLIENT] through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
- Perform daily UNIX systems checks and correct any issues.
- Monitor UNIX systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of UNIX system problems.
- Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
- Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
Education and Experience
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.